9.6.09

So I have a lot more respect for the people who blog regularly now. I don't know how they do it, most likely its superhuman skills that allow them to think of something interesting to write about their lives and then actually get around to writting about it. And I, as a mere mortal, am having a lot of trouble keeping up with the times. But following the exemple of Stevie and Riley, who have been dutifuly updating the new MNTC blog, I am back on the wagon. For now.

Unfortunatly, (isn't unfortunalty such a wonderful word? so classy when you really have to excuse) too much stuff has happened this year for me to update you readers on truly everything. So I'll just pretend nothing happened and that all I have to update you on is this past week. Maybe one day I'll write a novel explaining my whole freshman year. But right now I'm back home in wonderful winnipeg and back to being a full time triathlete (which I quite enjoy, can't lie about that). And since there is no better way to remind myself of the infinite joys of triathlon then to go right ahead and race one, thats what I did. And, lucky me, the whole country decided to come have fun with me in freezing Birds Hill park. But I can't say it wasn't a good time, and everyone went home with all their toes (I think).

And then this week it was time to get back to work with some intense cycling. As Josh pointed out, I was basicly trying to fit 17 days of Tucson training camp into 2 days in Winnipeg (Gary and Daryl's masterplan here). It turned out all right, with two tire changes and one sore butt. Some swimming and running to go along with that and we were set for a solid week. And also a trip to the hospital and a bunch of Advils...triathlon is risky business sometimes :-) But I forgot my worries for a bit and watched the NCAA on the computer/TV where Clara Grant (she's on my team!) ran an awesome race to get 4th in the 10km! Also my man German, in a pre-like fashion, imposed total domination in the 1500.

thats it for now
Sarah

No comments: